A nutrition program during pregnancy is of great importance. A balanced and nutritious diet is essential for good health and even more so during pregnancy. Because a healthy diet provides the mother-to-be and the baby with the nutrients and essential vitamins needed. A healthy diet program and lifestyle helps to maintain a healthy weight gain during pregnancy because it should be remembered that it can be very difficult to lose the weight gained during pregnancy.
What is a Healthy Eating Program During Pregnancy?
A healthy nutrition program during pregnancy is a diet plan that aims the expectant mother to consume healthy foods throughout pregnancy, that is, during the baby’s development and growth period. The aim of a healthy nutrition program during pregnancy is to protect the health of the mother and to ensure that the baby’s development and growth are completed in a healthy way.
Why is a Healthy Eating Program Important During Pregnancy?
A healthy nutrition program during pregnancy is important because eating healthy during pregnancy;
- Reduces the risk of preterm birth
- Relieves heartburn
- Reduces the risk of gestational diabetes
- Prevents constipation
- Reduces the risk of anemia and preeclampsia
- Fights high blood pressure
- It ensures that the baby is born at the appropriate weight.
- Contributes to the mental and physical development of the baby
- Reduces the risk of chronic health problems
- After birth, it meets the nutritional elements of the milk to be secreted for the baby’s breastfeeding.
What to Eat to Eat Healthy During Pregnancy?
A healthy diet is always a very important part of a healthy lifestyle. However, it is vital, especially during pregnancy. A healthy diet makes the expectant mother feel good and provides the baby with the essential nutrients it needs in the womb. In general, a balanced diet with a suitable mix of all of the following food groups is aimed:
- Vegetables and legumes
- Grains and starches, preferably whole grain
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese
- Meat, poultry, fish, and alternatives
- plentiful fruit
- Vitamins A, B, C, and D
- Protein-rich foods
- Foods rich in folate and folic acid
- Iron and calcium-rich foods
Along with these, it should be aimed to drink plenty of water every day. During pregnancy, you are likely to notice that you are hungrier than usual. But in pregnancy, there is no need to eat for 2 people. It is more important to focus on the quality of the food eaten rather than the quantity.