The keto diet, also known as the intermittent fasting diet, is a type of diet that contains high amounts of fat and low amounts of carbohydrates.
The most important of the keto diet benefits is that it is essential for health and weight loss.
- It reduces the effects of the disease on epilepsy, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure, and stomach ailments.
- It increases the metabolic rate.
- It helps to curb the appetite.
- It improves acne.
- Increases mental focus and concentration.
- It balances blood sugar in diabetic patients.
Intermittent fasting makes you feel less hungry than other types of diets. It makes it easy to lose weight without the need for calorie tracking.
Side Effects of Keto Diet
The ketogenic diet is a safe diet for many people. However, some people may have specific side effects at the beginning of the diet.
The side effects of the keto diet are as follows;
- Constant feeling of hunger
- Low energy
Ketogenic Diet for Weight Loss
While doing this diet, it is necessary to know which products to eat first and prohibited.
Free foods to consume on the keto diet;
- Butter, olive oil, and other healthy fats
- Milk and milk products
- Meat varieties
- Blueberries and raspberries with a low glycemic index
Foods not allowed on the keto diet;
- Pasta, rice
- Fruits (can be consumed in tiny amounts)
- Fruit juices
- Honey, molasses.
- Legumes (such as lentils, peas, chickpeas)
How Much Should Protein Be Taken on the Ketogenic Diet?
To correctly calculate how many grams of protein you need on the keto diet, you need to know your body measurements and weight. We present a sample plan for you below.
Nutrient amounts in a 2500 calorie diet;
- The amount of protein is 115 grams,
- Amount of carbohydrates 30 grams
- The amount of fat should be 195 grams.
Keto diet sample menu:
- Breakfast; 2 or 3 eggs, cucumber, cheese, avocado
- Snack: Peanuts, a few walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts
- Meat and vegetable dish (chicken, red meat, turkey, etc.) yogurt.
- Since onions and tomatoes contain carbohydrates, they should be used sparingly or not at all.
- Nuts, boiled eggs, cucumbers for snacks to feel energetic.
- Turkey, chicken, avocado, or avocado salad for dinner.
Who Cannot Do the Keto Diet?
Although the keto diet is essential for human health, it is not suitable for some people to follow it. Who can not do this diet or who will do it under the control of a doctor is in the list below.
People who shouldn’t be on a ketogenic diet:
- Anorexia patients
- Type 1 diabetes patients
- Continuous drug users
- Pregnant and lactating mothers
- Those who have a gallbladder removed or have a disease in the gallbladder
- Children under 15 years old
- Those with metabolic disorders
- Those with severe eating disorders
- Those who are prone to developing kidney stones
Risks of the Keto Diet
The risks of the keto diet, if applied for a long time, may cause effects such as kidney stones and liver fattening in the body. People who follow this diet should be careful about these issues.