When doing intermittent fasting 20 4, it is essential to control feeding periods rather than the desired calorie intake. It is one of the most preferred diet types today and is known as the if diet. While people are on this diet, they aim to have a more fit and healthy metabolism rather than losing weight.
While losing weight during the diet, a fast metabolism is aimed, and thus fat burning becomes easier. The rule of the fasting diet is to fast for eight hours. The aim here is to bring the eating habits into a specific discipline.
However, this diet may not suit everybody, as there will be long-term starvation. For this reason, a dietitian control is required.
How is Intermittent Fasting 20 4 Diet Applied?
Those who do 20/4 intermittent fasting should primarily not consume processed foods and carbohydrates. Vegetables, raw nuts, protein should be fed. Intermittent fasting diet is done in 3 different ways. According to the first method, in the fasting diet, one is provided with certain meals within 8 hours and fasted for 16 hours. This is known as the 16/8 method.
In the second method, one stays hungry for 24 hours after eating a single meal. It is known as Eat – Stop – Eat. The third method is fed with normal meals five days a week and fasted on the other two days. This is also known as the 5:2 method.
The most easily applied diet is the 16-hour fasting method among these methods. Excellent results are obtained in terms of losing weight and being fit.
What Are the Benefits of Intermittent Fasting 20 4?
What are the benefits of intermittent fasting? We can list them as follows.
- Extremely easy to follow compared to other diets.
- Since carbohydrates are cut based on the diet, it facilitates weight loss as it accelerates metabolism.
- It is a diet that lowers triglycerides and cholesterol.
- It helps keep blood sugar under control. Insulin secretion is reduced.
- Thanks to the IF diet method, you can burn fat quickly.
- The IF reduces the feeling of hunger in the person.
- It allows easy removal of old proteins from the cell.
- Fatty acids in the liver turn into ketones during fasting, and this substance protects neurons.
- It provides quality sleep.
- It strengthens the immune system.
Intermittent Fasting 20 4 Sample Menus
Considering the intermittent fasting 20 4 sample menu, 16:8 is the most applied diet and is as follows:
Before 12:00 am:
Coffee with milk
Omelet (with cheese)
One slice of wholemeal or brown bread
One portion of fruit can be fresh or dried.
1 Plate of Soup
Herbal teas and water
Side Effects of Intermittent Fasting
Some side effects can be seen in the intermittent fasting diet.
Headache may occur. With the decrease in feeding periods, side effects such as constipation and diarrhea may be experienced. Fatigue may occur due to low blood sugar. It can also affect sleep patterns. Since there will be a loss of water and salt for the first time in the intermittent fasting diet, and if you do not drink enough water during the diet, the body may become dehydrated.
Diet should be applied by considering body health and habits in diet practices.
Incoming search terms here:
- intermittent fasting reviews and results