Intermittent fasting diet is among the popular diets of recent times. The important thing in this diet is not to pay attention to calorie loss, but to pay attention to the time interval in which the food is consumed. The purpose of the intermittent fasting diet is to burn fat by running the metabolism fast.
In this diet, it is necessary not to eat anything at certain times. Of course, simply paying attention to time is not enough. Apart from that, you also need to pay attention to what you eat. It is also a diet recommended by experts to prevent obesity, the disease of our age.
What are the Types of Intermittent Fasting?
There is a lot of research being done on how intermittent fasting times should be. This leads us to the types of intermittent fasting diet. This diversification is done depending on the fasting time. One of them is the 16:8 diet. With this method, you eat 8 hours of the day, and in the remaining 16 hours, you do not consume any food or drink containing calories. You can consume calorie-free water, soda, unsweetened tea as much as you want.
In the 8 hours when food can be eaten, you should prefer low-calorie and healthy foods. The second type is the 5:2 diet. On this diet, you should limit your calorie intake to 500 calories two days a week. In the remaining 5 days, you should prefer normal calorie intake and healthy foods. It is recommended that you do not bring these two days in a row.
What to Eat in Intermittent Fasting Diet?
Let’s talk about what to eat and what not to eat in intermittent fasting diet. We should definitely diversify our menu. All food groups such as carbon dioxide, protein, beneficial fats, fiber and liquid should be consumed in sufficient quantities from each food.
- Foods such as rice, pasta and bread should not be consumed. Instead of these; Protein-rich foods such as salad, meat, chicken, fish and eggs should be consumed.
- During fasting hours, calorie-free foods can be consumed. These; You can drink water, unsweetened tea, unsweetened coffee, soda. At the same time, these drinks are also useful in burning fat.
- While boiled eggs can be preferred for breakfast, vegetable dishes can be preferred for dinner. You can also add yogurt or a salad with plenty of greens to the meal.
- Nuts and dried fruits with low calorie content can be eaten as snacks during mealtimes.
- Apart from these, you can eat fruits, plenty of fibrous vegetables, olive oil, beans, soybeans, lentils, avocados, and turkey by paying attention to their portion.
Packaged foods, margarine, ketchup, mayonnaise, carbonated and sugary drinks are some foods that should not be eaten on an intermittent fasting diet.
What are the Benefits of Intermittent Fasting?
- It reduces the risk of getting obesity disease.
- It allows you to lose weight in a short time.
- While regulating blood sugar; It lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It improves sleep quality.
- Since your stomach will be more comfortable, you will not feel tired.
- Growth hormone becomes active.
- Since it accelerates the burning of fat in the body, the body fat is reduced.
- As the body is cleansed by hunger, inflammation is reduced.
The best intermittent fasting plan is the 16:8 intermittent fasting diet. Since you can use the 16-hour portion of the 16-8 intermittent fasting diet whenever you want, it is easier to do than other diets and accelerates the metabolism.